Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuna Melt

Day 16 - "We get jams to make a tuna melt"

Time for something creamy. I wanted to have a sandwich with fish, hence the tuna melt. I'm someone that likes my tuna to be chilled when I eat it but I do like the occasional tuna melt.  I mean it's basically a grilled cheese sandwich and tuna salad all in some toasty bread...yum.  I don't love mayonnaise (unless it's something I'm used to having with it, ex. Burger King chicken sandwich) so when I make tuna I usually combine it with something like cream cheese or one of the laughing cow cheeses. If you haven't done this you need to try it! It adds extra flavor, it's creamy, and 35 calories.


Tonight I combined the tuna with a garlic and herb cheese wedge, a shallot, some parsley, pepper, and sharp cheddar cheese. I heated it in a pan with a little bit of butter and it was perfection.  I paired my tuna melt tonight with some carrots but I'm not set on this pairing, it's just what I had around.

No comments:

Post a Comment