Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mediterranean Veggie (Panera)

Day 19 - "Mediterranean looks like aspirin  tonight."

In the mood for something with a little hummus tonight. I didn't grow up eating hummus, it's something I didn't start eating until I was in college. One day a friend offered me plain hummus with some Stacy's Simply Naked Parmesan Garlic Herb pita chips and I was instantly hooked. From then on I was dipping everything in hummus, chips, pretzels, veggies, etc. So tonight while at Panera I decided to try the Mediterranean veggie, I'd never had it before but I was pretty much sold at hummus.

The sandwich included zesty Peppadew piquant peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro jalepeno hummus on tomato basil bread. I thought it was alright, probably not something I'll order again though. Safe to say that this is not one of Panera's specialties.  But they quickly won me back over with the duet cookie I had for dessert...choc-o-late =)

*I love everything else I've ever had at Panera --soup, mac & cheese, paninis, salad, sandwiches, and ah yes the bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment