Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Meatball Sub (Piesanos)

Day 17 - "On top of...warm bread...all covered with cheese"

Mmmeatballs with cheese. I don't think I have ever had a great meatball sub until today. It's not something that I have very often and the last one I had was probably from subway. Not to knock subway in ANY way because I love some Italian herb and cheese bread with pretty much anything inside but these meatballs made all the difference.


The sub included 5 meatballs (each 3-4 inches big) mixed with marianra sauce, covered with mozzarella cheese and all in a warm sub baguette. It got a little messy with meatballs and sauce everywhere and I think that added to the overall sandwich enjoyment. The sub was served with french fries which I'm not sure I would have paired together but I will never turn down a fry. I had never had anything from Piesanos other than pizza before today but that's changing now, good stuff today!And they have all these other warm subs like chicken philly and chicken italia which I'm excited to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment