Monday, April 16, 2012

Calzone (I love N.Y. Pizza)

Day 28 - "Real G's stuff pockets with cheese like calzones"

Pizza + Sandwich = Calzone.  I've probably had about ten calzones in my life but have thoroughly enjoyed them all.  I don't think I had my first one until I was a senior in high school! As a kid, my brother and I would order a stuffed crust pizza and divide the pizza between pizza and stuffed crust. I loved the crust! So naturally the calzone and I were meant to meet.

Today's calzone included ricotta, mozzarella cheese, spinach, and sausage in a soft dough covered with parsley and garlic. I like that with a calzone you have the tomato sauce separate so that you can add as much as you'd like. I'm pretty much sold on anything Italian-American...cheese =)

No comments:

Post a Comment