Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chili Cheese Dog

Day 24 - "Dog still hot like Oscar Meyer"

I contemplated buying a hot dog from somewhere but I don't have a go to hot dog place. I don't eat them that often and when I do it's usually at a barbeque. So I decided to go old school and make them at home the same way I had them growing up. When I used to have regular hot dogs my grandmother would usually buy the ones with the cheese in the center and when she bought the regular ones she would cut them in half and melt the cheese in. So needless to say I have become accustomed to some cheese with my hot dog. Not to say that I won't also eat it with some ketchup and mustard because I love that simplicity. Sometimes condiments make the food.

In Miami there is a great hot dog place called Arbetter and I believe that after having a fantastic chili cheese dog there I was inspired to start making them myself at home. I was around 11 or 12 years old so everything is pretty much just heat and add but when it all comes together it is perfection. One can of hormel chili, one jar of tostito cheese sauce, hot dogs, hot dog buns, and tator tots. Heat everything up on the stove or microwave and put it all together. Well worth the mess! I had cheese and chili all over the place tonight and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment