Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pear, Pecan & Goat Cheese Sandwich

Day 30 - "Things are changing, my lifes gone pecans"

I wanted to make sure that I included a sandwich that consisted of some ingredients that I would have never put together and that I wouldn't have ever eaten growing up. So I created a creamy and crunchy sandwich. It only seems fitting that my sandwich includes a creamy cheese and a nut because as I look back at my 30 days of sandwiches they are frequently mentioned with nothing but delight.

Today's sandwich was on lightly toasted honey wheat bread with thinly sliced pear, goat cheese, and toasted pecans.  For an impromptu sandwich it came together so nicely. The creamy cheese with the sweet, crispy pear and nutty crunchy pecans,a wonderful dessert or snack sandwich. I will definitely be trying this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment