Monday, March 26, 2012

Grilled Cheese

Day 8 - Grilled Cheese is Looney Tunes

It's the simple sandwiches that are closest to my heart. Partly due to laziness that makes me eat them so frequently and partly to the genius that causes 3 or 4 ingredients to make me so damn happy.
I have to admit that I didn't grow up with the traditional grilled cheese sandwich. I would often see (on television) a grilled cheese sandwich and think that it was made in a toaster oven. I would get a similar cheesy effect but I was missing something so important...the butter! Once I learned how to make a proper grilled cheese there was just no turning back.



I like to use cheddar and/or cheddar and colby jack cheese for my grilled cheeses. Today I just used a couple slices of cheddar on honey wheat (it's what I already have) and buttered that bread up. I chose to pair my grilled cheese with some simple V8 tomato basil soup (all my veggie servings!) and it was so tasty! Other times I like to eat my grilled cheese with broccoli because of the broccoli and cheese marriage, those two just belong together.

No comments:

Post a Comment